Wednesday 12 August 2015

The Wombats Glitterbug Favourites


Hello Guys! In this post about Music I will be talking about The Wombats and my favourite 5 tracks from their new album, Glitterbug! This is because I find this third album a brilliant one to complete a trilogy of amazing music, but I am also doing this post because I am going to see them in October in Liverpool. This will be the second time that I will be seeing the band live and if it is anything like the last one then it will surely be something to behold in such great wonder. This post is mainly to show off my appreciation for the new album but also for my favourite tracks and most anticipated songs to hear live.
 

5. Emoticons- This is a song that begins this album off. But it is also a song that has a brilliant guitar rift at the beginning and end, that if you listened to it through surround sound speakers or even the amps of the band, then you would feel the notes pulsing through your body. This is not only a good song, it has a strong message behind it. It shows that conversation is dead and the modern way to communicate between one another is to send just these faces with an emotion rather than actual words. This song does not alone show that the art of conversation is non-existent but it also describes how the lead singer and guitarist, Matthew Murphy, had his heartbroken and has been strung along by a woman. There are numerous songs that, like this, detail past relationships in the entire album and is even reflective in previous albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLzGV3R0kLw


4. Greek Tragedy- This another great song to which the tunes and rhythm to it are just magnificent! When I first heard this song prior to the album coming out, I immediately fell in love with it in the first four seconds. I think it might have been the subtle keyboard playing in the background, or the drums that come in like a fluttery heart. Or it might be what sounds like a woman screaming in harmony with the track, whatever it was if not all of it, made me fall in love. This song feels like it had a deeper meaning to it too. It almost describes to the imagination that the singer has met someone that makes them fall madly in love and that person they have met makes them feel so much better and feel like a better person. Which is something that a lot of people can relate to, which is why I think The Wombats are a good band, because their music is very relatable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MHmx9nvHqU
 


3. Be Your Shadow- Just about getting the bronze is this song. A story about a man who obviously does not care about how he is treated by his significant other, he is just happy that he is with her and wants to do nothing that. Even if this is being abused, or maybe this song is admiration for another and it is simply saying that they would let you do anything to them just as long as they can be by your side. I could go on with different analytical reasonings and the deeper meanings behind this song. This song is one that makes like it is designed to be one to workout with, much like in the video, but also it feels like a track that could be dance to casually at a nightclub in the middle of town. I love the whole entire idea behind this song and I love the messages that this song holds in its few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tZ5Nr4_1KI



2. Pink Lemonade- Close in silver! What can I say about this song other than it is just one of my favourite songs of the whole album, it just expresses everything that can go wrong in a relationship. It shows the jealousy a person can have when seeing his ex partner with some one new. But it shows that they have too something new, a look on life or particularly how they perceive their ex and see them for what exactly they are and know no that they weren't as perfect as they once thought they were. The singer from the band Matthew 'Murph' Murphy, shows how he simply found life pointless and/or boring now that he has nothing to do and has nothing to focus his life on, which again people would find relatable. One of the strangest things about this song is the same thing that I love, which is that the tempo and the tune of the song is very upbeat and happy but all the while what is being said can be seem a little depressing. But nonetheless it is a magnificent song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCeo2V8wAUg



1. Curveballs- Here it is! Number One! My Golden Track of the New Album! It might not have been originally but it is something that I have listened to more and more lately, it has been stuck in my head so much, that I demanded it to be played. This song is just a wide range of musical genius which the guitar rift, tunes, the simple drum and bass is just the cherry on top of this calm starting song and then it rises in tempo. Much like the mood of a person in a arguments, at first they are clam and then as the conversation goes on they increase in tempo with a burst of sound. This is expressed greatly in this song, it shows just how a simple rhythmic song can be so powerful and beautiful. This story is quite obviously about cheating on your partner, or more specifically having your partner cheat on you and knowing the little signs and hints at it. But this shows the idea of the typical man being ignorant or clueless to what is going on in their relationship. But it is almost like the singer is saying that women cannot be trusted or at least his ex and that women can be confusing in what they say and intend, because they will say one thing and mean another. It makes you gaze in awe but also feel sorry for the band because they have made incredible music but at such a cost of unhappiness by not finding the right partner.  I can not express enough how this song's tunes and lyrics are something that imprint on me other than expressing how much that I love this song, this album and this entire band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9obSUlo7Bb8

Well there it is! My entire list of my top 5 favourite tracks from Glitterbug. Trust me it is a brilliant album and you should listen to it if you have not already. I have put links to all these tracks underneath each listing, so you can listen to them directly. I hope that this post has been most interesting and you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have writing it. Thanks and roll on October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment